People say and tell you for example that in order to be a "proper" gay man you should sleep around. This is a load of bollocks. Those that dont try and fit in with what other people tell you is "the gay culture", should be proud of themselves that they are not fuling the sterotyping that is.
Just as we know gay men are inferior, and that they bring most of the homophobic stuff on themselves by doing whatever it is they do, always quick to shift the blame.
Ultimately, sexuality is a significant but not definitive part of our daily lives. The majority of gay people have no manners, respect for others and assume they have the right to do or say whatever they like and get away with it. You only have to look on the internet and peoples profiles: 'only people up to 25, message me' 'if you're over 31, don't bother making contact, too old' 'only people with a waist size of 32 please'.
I have met people through school, uni, my work but never have I gone and shagged a random. I can manage without meeting randoms, I havent met anyone, online or offline, I dont need to, If I want to I get to know that person, I chat to them, then I make the choice, I wouldnt never meet a random when and if I went out.That just adds to peoples biased views of us as gay peopleand gives them more reason to hate us and called us names.
Does it not make you feel vile and cheap meeting total random strangers and sleeping with someone that you have never seen , spoken to before? It should do. Fucking vile bastards.
After all isnt that what makes people sterotype gay people.
Because members of our community see it the norm to go sleeping with randoms.
It nmakes me angry when people see us as " just a bunch or dirty men who sleep around and spread disease". But then meeting randoms and sleeping with them some what backs up their case, and ruins our defence.
Thursday, 8 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's not your fault if your friend can't distinguish between physical and moral distaste. No, it is not homophobic per se to find unappealing the thought of gay male sex.
ReplyDeleteAs a gay man, I shudder at the thought of gay sex equally repelled by the idea of eating tripe or performing brain surgery.
Yet I have nothing against people who do these things. If your friend prefers politically correct lip-service to sincerity you should consider how well you are matched as friends.
Justin