Monday, 26 November 2007

Communication Frustrations

Last few weeks have been awful. I don't understand it all, all I want to do is talk to my 'friends' and for the to understand whats happening. But they seem to be very distant, and it's making me rather unhappy.

I have found out I have Asperger syndrome, if you want to know what I am talking about the take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome it will tell you what it is and what I have to deal with. I'm not going make you feel sorry for me, I am going to ask that you treat me as the person that I have always been, I have not changed, I am still the person I always was.

However, I have found out that I need people communication, I have difficulty communicating with people, and social interaction with others, however I do like to hear from people on a daily basis, I don't think that's much to ask, to get a reply to a text or a call, and I get from some people that its not normal, that I am asking to much, and that they don't do this with their other friends, well no one is same, different people have different needs, well if wanting to talk to people who you regard as friends is not normal and allowed then what is?

Some people tell me that they cant cope with me, and that they want to walk away, I am not asking anyone to cope with me, all I would like it some communication with people, text, calls, emails anything to make my day easier, but some people don't seem to be able to commit to this, and end up upsetting me by venting their frustrations on me because I want to talk, but they still tell me that they are friends and like me etc, I am finding this hard to understand, and it makes me anxious more and more.

Most people would welcome a call from me, but someone has made me feel bad for calling them to talk, I feel like I have to ask permission to talk to them, to call them, and they don't always reply to me, they know my situation, say they like me but will not make small adjustments to help me. Some friend. When I try to explain what I would like, I get abuse, well nearly abuse, and get told I need 'help', I need friends, friends that will communicate.

When I wake up each day the first this I think of is has anyone been in touch, I check my phone, and no one has, it makes me feel uncared for, un-liked, and left out, I text a few people, they reply several hours later, I should be grateful that they do and I am, but I would the opportunity to contact them without the thoughts of harassing them, as when they don't reply that's what I feel.

I just want the people who say they are friends and who say they like me to act like it and to give some thought while you are working to me, and not only when I come running for help or the needs to talk with you.

I cannot cope with one sided friendships, a friendship is of two people, so please communicate, you'll be making my life easier and you'll be making me happier.

A text a day isn't much to ask, Please think it really isn't much to ask. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment