Steven was 26 when he was taken from me, he was involved in a crash on the M40 Motorway, he was driving along minding his own business doing well within the speed limit.
He was exiting the Motorway to get off at Longbridge, Near Birmingham, In England.
When he was involved in the what I can only imagine was the most horrific accident.
He died instantly, he didn't stand a chance, everyone else walked away with minor injuries.
He was my closest friend a Uni, he was the first one who took the time to understand me and how I function, he took the time and nothing was ever any trouble for him, for anyone requesting his help.
I only spoke to him on the Tuesday, and he was telling me how he was getting on and how him and Jo, his wife were getting on with their house, they had only been married in November last year, and he was saying I should go down and see it when I felt I was able to. It all sounded so exciting, he was such a good guy.
I was told about the funeral and it was to be in Birmingham, I had to go, I took my Brother James along as I could not go alone, I booked a flight for us and a hotel and a rental car, as I cannot stand public transport.
We arrived in Birmingham, it was grey, the city is vile, dirty and it stank, we collected the hire car and headed to the hotel to change, and then headed on to the location.
The service was nice, very emotional, even for myself, it brought me to tears, we then went on to the wake function and from there back to the hotel, as we were on a flight at 12.30pm the following day.
It was hard come back, knowing that I was leaving behind one of the nicest people whom had graced my life, I have lost something, it feels so raw and so deep.
I cannot believe he has gone, I just feel numb and pain and anger..
Rest in peace Steven, thinking of you often and always.
Written for Steven:

sorry for your bad news. Rest in peace steven sittin in the sky up there you little angel. I cant really say much because i didnt really know him.
ReplyDelete" Goodbye my dearest friend, It will never be the end, there will always be the memories, the good and the bad, you were always there when I needed you, and now you have gone to somewhere safe and all so warm, where you will look out on me, and oh yes I'll think of you, I'll think of you, oh each and every day..... till the time we meet again... and until that day... I'll go alone but with these thoughts I be inspired to grow some more.... "( Thats the first line)
ReplyDelete