Monday, 9 February 2009

In right of defence and the truth

The social website Gaydar have suspended my profile, because I warned other users that a person was potentionaly looking for people younger then himself and also the site age limit.

I used information that was in the public domain.
He has a website link on his website, which contained his name.

My first instinct was to warn other users of his actions and 'tastes'. I did this and have had messages of support and others agreeing, sadly I cannot get to these as they have suspended my account, before I could get copies!

Gaydar have now suspended me as this user has contacted them and complained that I named him in the room. Surly I did the right thing? Or do we want people trawling for this kind of thing.

As some of you know, I have Asperger Syndrome, and I find it very hard to do social situations that other people take for granted. So I use the internet.

I have now lost my social contact with people, internet socialising sites are extremely important to me, and its really the only way that I have contact with people. I am now very upset and very anxious as the one website where I chat with and to other people has been taken awa from me, for my doing the right thing.

I am calling for people to help and supporrt me as I have not done anything wrong.

Please would you help me by emailing gaydar at the following addresses

support@gaydar.co.uk

Paul.Trickey@gaydar.co.uk

Paul.Trickey@qsoft.co.uk

And please CC me in it to michiel@scotslad.org

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. It has been sorted you will be pleased to hear.

    I phoned up and it was really hard to talk to them, he kept telling me I was wrong, and I could not make them understand why I had done it and the principal of the matter.

    They still said what I did was wrong, but I can not see why it was wrong, gaydar does not open 24 / 7 and I was just doing what was right in my eyes.

    And I tried to explain but he seemed more intent on telling me off then answering my question.

    He said " I will put you back on, but promise me you will not do it again" .

    I said 'can you promise me that you will protect me?' He said 'I cannot promise you, but we do have the abuse button'.

    ReplyDelete